Gem Tester II (PGT II) is a unique testing device designed to test and check the originality of many types of natural gemstones, for example: sapphire, quartz and diamonds.
Gem Tester II is a valuable tool for treasure hunters, gemstones seekers and jewellery manufacturer for testing acquired gemstones easily.
Gem Tester II
Presidium Gem Tester II (PGT II) is multipurpose gemstone tester used to check and validate more than 16 of common colored gemstones types including for example ruby, sapphire, topaz, garnet and quartz beside that it can be used to identify diamond and moissanites.
How it Works?
Gem Tester II (PGT II) uses a pen-like probe with a tip (head) made of hard metal material, the tip pressed on tested gemstone and based on thermal conductivity the generated signal flow through cable connected to the probe and other side to main unit of Gem Tester , the signal converted to an analog signal and the indicator on main unit screen move to a range related to the type of gemstone for example : quartz.
Gem Tester II Features
- Tests polished and unpolished gemstones
- Identifies diamonds/moissanites and most known types of colored gemstones
- Differentiation between 16 types of gemstones like: sapphire – quartz – ruby …
- Industry’s thinnest probe tip (0.6mm) for testing gemstones as small as 0.02 carats
- Retractable thermoelectric probe tip that ensures constant pressure between probe and gemstone
- Metal alert buzzer to ensure probe tip is in contact with gemstone during testing
- Clear and easy-to-read analog dial display
- Built-in Glass and Calibration test discs for reference
- No waiting time between tests
- Runs using 2 AA batteries or included adaptor