VLF Metal Detector For Finding Gold 2023
Whether you’re looking for gold deposits or ancient gold coins left by a forgotten civilization that may have lived in your area, an efficient VLF detector can go a long way. Here are the best VLF for gold in the market right now.
What Is VLF?
VLF is an abbreviation for Very Low Frequency. It refers to the frequency of single-frequency sine waves transmitted at high-pitched audio frequencies. In metal detecting “low” is between 3 kHz and 30 kHz.
Where Are the Best Places to Find Gold?
Experts recommend hillsides. Hillsides will yield a better result when it comes to finding gold. Another reason why hillsides are so great is that if you find the source of the gold deposit, you can find the veins.
The veins tend to have more extensive gold deposits. The larger the deposit, the easier it is to find the gold. Unfortunately, gold is a scarce mineral. Not only that, but you will find it in much smaller deposits compared to other minerals like iron.
What Should You Expect from A VLF Detector?
Before getting into the best VLF for gold, it’s essential to understand a couple of things about VLF detectors.
- Manufacturers make metal detectors to find gold; pretty much all of them can do that. The answer to this concern lies in the different sensitivity levels that every single VLF detector has. Experts recommend getting a VLF detector that has a high sensitivity level.
- Experts recommend an operating frequency of between 13 kHz to 19 kHz. It’s the minimum frequency level for detecting gold and anything higher is another excellent prospect.
- Experts also recommend a VLF detector with manual ground balancing. This feature is crucial if you want to drown out ground noise while in use. It’s a bit complex, and so some users prefer an automated ground balancing system.
- An elliptical search coil about 10 inches in length by about 6 inches wide is the optimal size for a search coil.
Best VLF Units for Gold
A couple things to consider when looking for a metal detector are:
- Weight, swinging a detector all day can be tiring.
- Durability, having a metal detector that is FULLY waterproof is a sign of durability.
- Warranty, quality and confidence come with a nice long warranty.
Minelab Gold Monster 1000 Gold Detector
Minelab Gold Monster 1000 Gold Detector. Minelab is one of the big names in the metal detector industry. You can’t go wrong with a Minelab VLF detector.
Some of its features:
- It has an operating frequency of 45kHz.
- Fortunately, or unfortunately, it has an automatic ground balance. It depends on your preference as a user.
- Experts recommend this VLF detector for novices.
- It has a high sensitivity giving you the ability to find smaller gold nuggets.
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Gold makes the lineup The AT Gold has manual and automatic ground balancing allows this machine to adjust on the go for varying ground conditions. The Garrett Metal Detector have excelled at fine tuning the discrimination. Iron and other undesirable targets are sensed with unique sounds.
Features of the Garrett AT Gold:
- Fully submersible to 10 feet.
- Target identification from 0 to 99 helping discriminate at high accuracy.
- Built in pinpointing for precise locating.
- Ground balance window, allows the ground balancing to be taken over a range of terrain.
Nokta Makro Gold Finder 2000
Nokta Gold 2000. This VLF detector utilizes a 61 kHz frequency which is higher than most gold machines. The Nokta brand is relatively new in the US, but the company has been around for 17 years and has grown through the smart and cost effective use of technology.
The Makro Gold 2000 features:
It comes with an operating frequency of 61 kHz for great depth penetration.
The Gold 2000 has a rain resistant control box and super simple display.
Experts praise this VLF detector for its ease of use and impeccable design.
These are but the top VLF for gold. The market has numerous other options for you to look into during your buying phase. Don’t hesitate to keep reading for tips and tricks for metal detecting (especially with VLF machines).
Garrett ACE 400i
Garrett ACE 400i is a simple easy to use metal detector that offer best entry for hobbyists and beginner prospectors into metal detection and gold prospecting world.
Garrett ACE 400i gold detector is the ideal device for all those looking to find ancient coins, ancient metal burials and small gold jewelry pieces at shallow depths on beaches, rivers and in various natural terrains.
Thanks to that is due to advanced features that the device contains such as frequency control and A digital ID for the targets and acoustic discrimination of iron, which enables the user to explore more valuable treasures and ignore scrap and metal waste.
Features of the Garrett AT Gold:
- Detection of small coins made of gold, silver, copper, and bronze
- Find small metal objects, such as ornaments, like rings – bracelets – collars
- Find jewelry and artifacts made of gold or silver or other metal
- Detection of ferrous and non-ferrous metal minerals.
Setup Tips to Improve Your VLF Detecting
Gold is scarce. You can spend an entire day in an area known for having gold, without any gold to report at the end of the day. Experts recommend carrying a strong magnet. If you end up finding other minerals, you can use the strong magnet to check whether it’s gold. How? The magnet will not attract gold, whereas the magnet will attract other minerals like iron, magnetite hot rocks, negative hot rocks, positive hot rocks, and meteorites.
Another tip is that your VFL detector may not be lying to you, and it’s not broken. You can find gold on top of hot rocks. If you find something, use the magnet to draw out the hot rocks and check for any gold on the hot rock.
Ensure that you move the search coil slowly and carefully over the surface. It should also be at a specific height that you can capture stronger signals.
If you hear ground noise while searching for gold nuggets, conduct the ground balancing procedure one more time. Ensure that you note the ground changes as you move and keep tabs on the ground balance.
In the case of gold prospecting, experts do not recommend multiple simultaneous frequencies.
Important articles :
The best and most accurate gold detectors around the world
Metal Detector for Sale 2022
Is it possible to detect gold without a device?
Best Metal Detector for Gold and Silver 2022
Professional Metal Detector
Cheapest Gold Detector 2022
The most important methods of prospecting for gold
Best Metal Detector 2022
Gold Detector Price 2022
3D Imaging Gold Detector
#gold_detectors #metal_detector #orient_detectors